Shared MIME-Info 0.12

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 2 19:06:29 EEST 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 06:33:18PM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 29 August 2003 17:58, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> > Along these lines, what's the thinking here about working toward
> > adopting Christophe Fergeau's proposed 'action' spec.
>
> Christophe: could you update http://cfergeau.free.fr/mime-spec.txt so
> that we can restart the discussion from the latest version? (even the
> last version posted here doesn't seem to be the most uptodate). Thanks.

Is anything still happening with this? I've put up a simple 'tutorial'
showing how a program (eg Gimp) can add to the MIME database here:

	http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/AddingMIMETutor

(a lot of people found the full specification too much when they just
wanted to add a type)

But as there's no standard way to say what applications can handle a
particular type, I just made up an example syntax. Perhaps someone could
change this to the current proposal, whatever that is, or add some
comments for discussion?

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk	tal197 at users.sourceforge.net