hicolor theme and MIME icons

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 6 15:47:27 EEST 2003

I've added Owen's suggestion of a naming scheme for MIME icons to the MIME
page (at the bottom):

	http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/shared-mime-info-spec

Presumably we should now add at least the base icons to the hicolor theme,
eg:

	mime-text
	mime-image
	mime-inode:directory

This means that whatever theme is selected, we'll always be able to show
some icon for each MIME type.

I could provide some icons, but I have no particular preference (each
desktop will have its own theme anyway), so if anyone has a particular set
of neutral icons in mind, I have no problem with using them instead.

I guess we'd want a set of SVG icons, plus PNGs of them at a single size
(for systems that don't support SVG yet).

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk	tal197 at users.sourceforge.net