HAL 0.1 release

Joe Shaw joe at ximian.com
Fri Oct 10 23:56:34 EEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 16:42, Marc Boris Dürner wrote:
> because Category is the most generic term and SubCategory more specific:
> Network->Modem

Generally I wouldn't categorize a modem as a network device.  But for
the sake of argument...

> but maybe we can compromise on a DevicecCategory property as part of the
> core
> properties and then one or more SubCategories as optional properties? I am
> not against
> listing capabilities at all.

My point with capabilities is that categories/subcategories aren't
necessary at all.  Are you interested in dealing with the properties of
a Network device or a Modem?

A specific example would help here...

Joe