HAL 0.1 release

Marc Boris Dürner mduerner at gmx.net
Sat Oct 11 00:12:13 EEST 2003

>> I am
>>  not against
>> listing capabilities at all.

> My point with capabilities is that categories/subcategories aren't
> necessary at all.  Are you interested in dealing with the properties of
> a Network device or a Modem?
> A specific example would help here...

storage -> camera
storage -> mp3player

The MainCapability is storage, the extra capability camera or mp3 player.
Sure we could
live without the distiction between Main and normal capability. the
difference is just that
MainCapability is guaranteed to be present for every device and in the "core
protocol"

but that is mostly what you said and I agree with you.

Joe:
> Maybe, but it seems like it's getting bogged down in the details.  Maybe
> we could have a "PrimaryCapability" or something like that, but I'm not
> sure.

I just worded it Category instead of capabillity. Somone else calls it Type
SubType or
whatever...

Marc