Finally patch for new categories

Heinrich Wendel h_wendel at cojobo.net
Fri Sep 5 19:30:41 EEST 2003

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 05:27:32PM +0200, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 August 2003 13:46, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I finally came up with a patch for the categories, please take a look at
> > it.
> >
> > I also added a key I found in the gnome-vfs standard and think that it is
> > quite usefull, NotShowIfEmpty and ShowIfEmpty.
>
> Sorry, I had forgotten about this.
>
> They look ok, so I have added the category changes to the spec. I have also
> added a "Java" category to the Qt/GTK/Motif section.
>
> I have not added [Not]ShowIfEmpty yet, are there any cases where you would
> want to show an empty menu?

Dunno, but as the default rule is NotShowIfEmpty and there is currently no
note how to handle empty menus, I would add this two tags.

Can we also change

One of the default merge directories included in the <DefaultMergeDirs> element.

The default merge directory included in the <DefaultMergeDirs> element.

because i can't find any more dirs mentioned in the spec

> Cheers,
> Waldo
mfg, Heinrich :)