gnome.org install-module script

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Sep 12 08:42:59 EEST 2003

<quote who="Havoc Pennington">

> This is what's used on the GNOME ftp server, you log in and run
> "install-module foo-X.Y.tar.gz"

I guess I should mention at this point that a new version of install-module
is in development, which will be cron-driven, and reap modules from a single
location. The objective is to allow uploads without shell access to the host
(currently, GNOME maintainers scp stuff up, log in and run install-module),
and to accept/reject GPG signed modules based on a maintainer keyring, etc.

Currently, i-m is maintained in a private GNOME sysadmin only CVS tree, but
I would like to shift it (and some other maintainer utils I'm working on)
out into normal CVS soon.

If freedesktop choose to use it, I will make sure everyone knows about new
releases, sync up changes, etc.

Thanks,

- Jeff

                        Lego is the plural of Lego.