hal draft spec

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Sep 12 09:57:04 EEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 23:47, David Zeuthen wrote:
> I got a prototype implementation with some short cuts relative to my
> draft spec below.. I'm prepared, at some point (e.g. when it conforms to
> some specification), to release this under a free software license.

First of all thanks for all the feedback, both on this list and
privately. Sometimes source code speak better than wannabe draft specs,
so I've put together a release 0.0.1-pre available with usage
instructions at

 http://pdx.freedesktop.org/~hal/index.html

This code is released only to provide more information than was provided
in the initial post to the xdg-list, not to do anything useful. I take
no responsibility if it breaks something for you. Through some cosmic
events it may work for you though :-) . Let me know.

I will update that site from time to time with the draft spec and
perhaps a few new releases. The code will live in CVS on
freedesktop.org.

Well, enough disclaimers already. Any feedback is welcome. Note that I'm
traveling from Saturday night until Tuesday night and I will probably
not have access to e-mail.

Regards,
David