Diff for review: Was: Menu spec: sorting

Heinrich Wendel h_wendel at cojobo.net
Mon Sep 15 21:42:49 EEST 2003

On Monday 15 September 2003 14:30, you wrote:
> On Monday 15 September 2003 12:52, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
> > Fine, so can you explain the inline stuff to me.
>
> If you have a menu like this:
>
> /Office/Gnumeric
> /Office/Evolution
> /Office/WordProcessor/OpenOffice
> /Office/WordProcessor/KOffice
>
> And you have inline=true, inline_header=false the menu may be shown like
> this:
>
> /Office/Gnumeric
> /Office/Evolution
> /Office/OpenOffice
> /Office/KOffice
>
> With inline=true, inline_header=true it may be shown like this:
>
> /Office/Gnumeric
> /Office/Evolution
> /Office/[WordProcessor] <<< this is a header, not an entry
> /Office/OpenOffice
> /Office/KOffice
>
> Assuming you do not have the KOffice entry then with inline=true and
> inline_alias=true it may be shown as:
>
> /Office/Gnumeric
> /Office/Evolution
> /Office/WordProcessor <<< this starts OpenOffice

Ok, thx.

Do we have any default tags, or do you have to define them in each menu tag?

I would like to replace inline=true with inline=[numeric].

If you then have inline=2, the menu would only be shown inline if there are 2
or less entries in the submenu. inline=0 would be the same as inline=true
now.

> Cheers,
> Waldo
mfg, Heinrich :)