[Annoyances] X-Windows Copy & Paste

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Sep 20 14:16:41 EEST 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 11:11:54AM +0100, Thomas Leonard wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 02:04:45AM +1000, John Ryland wrote:
> > > [ Oddly, konq doesn't actually save the text, but rather four random
> > > octets... need to look into that... konq is 3.1.3 here.
> [...]
> > Hi
> >
> > If you feel like digging in to this, there is a Qt example
> > program called dragdrop which is handy for debugging
> > what mimetypes and the data of drag objects.
>
> Looks like konqueror is requesting the target GTK_TEXT_BUFFER_CONTENTS,
> which is the address of the GtkTextBuffer object in the process's address
> space, and saving that. Not very useful.

I've written up a summary of the various problems with drag-and-drop at
the moment and put it on the wiki here:

	http://pdx.freedesktop.org/Main/Draganddropwarts

(is this a good place for such a thing?)

Note that some of the examples may be fixed in current versions (I'm using
debian/unstable), but I think they're still useful to indicate the type of
problems programs have.

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk	tal197 at users.sourceforge.net