New standard proposal

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos at pemas.net
Fri Sep 26 20:30:43 EEST 2003

El vie, 26-09-2003 a las 19:16, julo at altern.org escribió:
> Maybe a smart solution would be to create mount points with strange names like /mnt/sda1 or /mnt/cdrom0 and also automatically create symlinks using more obvious names.
>
> Is it technically possible ?

Yes, it's possible if all mounts/unmounts are handled with the same
daemon. If we have several process mounting or unmounting volumes, we
should implement a way to cleanup/create those links.

That's other option, that does not mean I love it.

I know the alex point but I don't think it's the best solution, as I
know that mine is not the best one. But as I said, perhaps we should
look at the problem when we have it running :-)

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)