New standard proposal

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos at pemas.net
Sat Sep 27 13:59:26 EEST 2003

El sáb, 27-09-2003 a las 06:58, Derek Foreman escribió:

[...]

> > > Which ioctl?  I'd like to see how my drive reacts to it.
> >
> > Just look at this:
> >
> > http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0202.0/att-0603/01-cd_poll.c
>
> Thanks
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my machine (linux kernel 2.6.0-test5).

I did only test it with Linux 2.4, of course it should work with Linux
2.6 and any other Unix (*BSD).

> AFAICT, the command was introduced in MMC2, yet two of my 4 drives don't
> support it at all.  (so you'll need a different detection method for a
> lot of drives)

Does magicdev or autorun work with those drives?

> The other two drives accept the command, but the command's buffer comes
> back still full of 0s.  This appears to be a kernel bug, since sending the
> same command with SG_IO behaves as expected.  I've reported this on the
> linux kernel mailing list.

I'm developing the poll method as Linux Kernel hackers told me that I
should do it so I hope it will work always, just give me more time to
improve it :-)

Cheers.