LinuxRegistry in Freedesktop & KDE

C. Gatzemeier c.gatzemeier at tu-bs.de
Sat Apr 17 21:32:57 EEST 2004

Am Samstag, 17. April 2004 16:37 schrieb Avi Alkalay:

> Current tools are inconsistent.

> Someday we'll have to set some standards in this area. It is inevitable
> for interoperability.

I agree that a consistent place for configuration is desirable from a user's
and sysadmin's perspective, however LR might try to take the choice of
storage backend away unecessary.

> TCP/IP is not big deal also. But before him, computers had to set up a
> raw communication. TCP/IP was a very simple, stupid, and straight forward
> solution. So simple that it works for everything.

... and so high level that it works with/over everything. Ethernet,
token-ring, ppp dial-up lines, radios etc. Please consider the consistency
layer being a little more high level, maybe like CFGs[1].

Regads,
Christian

[1] http://freedesktop.org/Software/CFG
(and on sf.net)