MimeInfo spec

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Apr 20 16:25:21 EEST 2004

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 10:00:10PM +0200, Jaap Karssenberg wrote:
> So there has actually been release a Shared MIME Database spec beyond
> 0.12 ? Then it might be a good idea to update the website ASAP.

Yes. I'm not doing the releases anymore, though. I don't even know how
they're supposed to get updated now. I think there used to be an automatic
script to rebuild them, but the move to the Wiki probably broke it.

> I think the extra output files should be specified in the spec; if they
> are in the spec they should be generated anyway. The draft I was
> referring to was on your private website I remember - that one included
> these extra files, right ?

The download should contain an up-to-date version of the spec. If someone
wants to actually add the extra fields to the database then it should be
pretty simple to write the code to make the output files. Even without
the specific output files, the alias information is still given in the
per-type .xml files.

(ie, it's still there, just not as quick to access)

[...]

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk	tal197 at users.sourceforge.net