[Registry] Re: LinuxRegistry in Freedesktop & KDE

Avi Alkalay avi at alkalay.net
Thu Apr 22 21:09:39 EEST 2004

George, you are becoming a bad boy. Lets try to make a respectfull
conversation.
I don't want to see this as the level of replies here.

> I wanted to answer with some witty remark about your mental capabilities
(or
> lack thereof), but then I thought that this would just move the discussion
> into personal attacks.

When I investigated the possibilities, I couldn't find a way different from
browsing /proc and discovering the owner of the socket. Maybe I used wrong
docs. So the first idea was to use IPC, message queues, shared memory, etc.
Abandoned fast.

Can you show me, in private e-mail, a way to do it. I'm sure it will add
some knowledge to my mental capabilities. Even if I don't need it anymore.

And BTW you don't have daemons at boot time.

> PS: Your example code on the webpage has a buffer overrun because your
coding
> practices suck.  See if you can find it.

It is just an example, to be not-too-cryptic for a web page. You'll never
have a buffer overrun with LR if you use it as recomended. And BTW it is
thread safe also.