gnome-hello

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Fri Aug 6 18:42:30 EEST 2004

You could simplify that considerably by stripping bogus dependencies.
HelloWorld doesn't *really* depend on libXi, that's just an
implementation detail of a dependency sucked in by pkg-config to please
linkers which insist on closing the symbol set at compile time.

The latest binutils (by latest I mean, within the last month or so, so
maybe CVS) has an --as-needed option which fixes this, or you can use
apgcc which does the same thing more slowly using a wrapper perl script.

That way you'd reduce the number of edges on that graph :)