gnome-hello

Bryce Harrington bryce at osdl.org
Sat Aug 7 02:20:34 EEST 2004

Hi Mike,

Regarding this issue of determining a "base platform" for desktop linux
applications, is what you're looking for to be some sort of documented
"desktop capabilities/requirements" list?  I ask because this is
something we've been putting some thought into at OSDL with some of our
desktop-oriented member companies, that could, for instance, specify the
particular bits that software packagers could expect to be present
across any distro/desktop.

Like you mention, LSB doesn't cover that particular level of detail.
Does this sort of thing sound like something autopackage could make use
of?  If so, maybe we could pick your brain about it a bit?

Bryce