gnome-hello

Billy Biggs vektor at dumbterm.net
Mon Aug 9 20:37:52 EEST 2004

Owen Taylor (otaylor at redhat.com):

> [...]
> I honestly don't know what the interest is in cross-distro binary
> compatibility in general.  [...]

  The amount of new software is increasing much more rapidly than the
number of packagers on an increasing number of Linux distributions.
Furthermore, the technical ability of our users is decreasing.  Both of
these are good things: we want more software and more users.

  The current model is not sustainable.  Software developers need a way
to be able to publish software themselves in a way that users can be
expected to install it without having to tell them to search google for
a package.

  -Billy