keyboard shortcuts

Avery Pennarun apenwarr at nit.ca
Thu Aug 12 00:46:15 EEST 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:42:01PM +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> > I am sorry but I have the impression that all those applications
> > (gnome-terminal, xchat, mozilla, ...) standardized on
> > Ctrl-PageUp / Ctrl-PageDown already. Why would you want to change
> > that?
> >
> because in editors it means something else (usually top/bottom of page,
> and sometimes start/end of document).

That's kind of a stretch.  The CUA keys for start/end of document are
ctrl-home and ctrl-end.  Top/bottom of page can be accomplished pretty
easily with plain pgup/pgdn.

Some existing editors may indeed implement ctrl-pgup/ctrl-pgdn for the
operations you describe, but this is only a problem if those same editors
also have multiple tabs.

Have fun,

Avery