keyboard shortcuts

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Aug 12 21:17:27 EEST 2004

On Thursday 12 August 2004 19:58, Pat Suwalski wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > Additionally Ctrl+Tab desktop switching is not mirroring one of the
> > advantages of Alt-Tab: single invocation switches between the last two
> > windows in use. Ctrl+Tab really loops through all desktops, IMHO not very
> > usable.
>
> This is only because windows don't have an order.

No predefined order but they seem to appear in the order they where created.

> If Ctrl-Tab switched
> tabs based on order used, it would be chaos.

How so?

> However, the topology is nice:
> - Alt-Tab: cycle window
> - Ctrl-Tab: cycle tab in window

I don't have anything agains cycle, Alt-Tab can do this as well, but what I am
missing from Ctrl+Tab is the possibility to switch between two desktops.
If I have four desktops and have two in use, for example one with some reader
in full screen mode and one with an editor, I would have to alternate between
1xCtrl+Tab and 3xCtrl-Tab

I think the behaviour of Alt+Tab is widely known and used, so I personally see
no reason why Ctrl+Tab should behave so differently, especially as it seems
to be meant as an analogous mechanism.

Cheers,
Kevin