flashing taskbar.

Rian Hunter rian at thelaststop.cjb.net
Thu Aug 26 04:21:19 EEST 2004

Hi,

I have an idea for a specification of a flashing taskbar. For instance
when an application is minimized by the window manager and it has
outstanding status, the taskbar, panel, or menu used to manage minimized
windows could flash, similar to Microsoft Windows or MacOS. Of course
this behavior wouldn't be limited to flashing but could be user
definable (i.e. a sound, or bouncing icon, etc.). Since I am not a
developer for X applications, I'm not completely sure how to go about
making the specification, so all I can offer is this suggestion or idea.
-rian

ps. I'm not currently subscribed to this list, so i would appreciate it
if i could be cc'ed and response. thanks!