Trash mechanism

C. Gatzemeier c.gatzemeier at tu-bs.de
Sat Aug 28 22:12:04 EEST 2004

Am Friday 27 August 2004 23:26 schrieb David Faure:

>  (would still need a $uid subdir I guess, to avoid problems in
> group-writeable dirs)

Maybe private trash cans have one disatvantage. Say when I trash somthing in
our group directory and you happen to need the file back you might not be
able to move it back into place.

Everyone with write permission to the original location could fill up the disk
anyway so wouldn't it make sense to reconstruct the trash directory with
exactly the same permissions as the original?

Cheers,
Christian