[Utopia] is there a security spec that is above MIME etc

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Aug 29 19:46:22 EEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 18:59 +0200, Kristof Vansant wrote:
> Interresting would also be (for the utopia project) to be able to not
> allow certain groups to mount usb sticks (usb sticks form a easy way to
> save secret info, could be a security risk for some companies)

If you really want this you can (on Linux 2.6 systems) create an udev
rule to name the device e.g. /dev/my_secret_usb_stick, and then create
an entry in /etc/fstab where you can specify who is allowed to mount it.
The program fstab-sync (which is part of hal) won't create a new entry
if there already is one.

Good luck,
David