Trash spec 0.2, technical questions

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Aug 30 16:14:31 EEST 2004

On Mon Aug 30 13:34:47 2004, Philippe Fremy wrote:

> > I think Mikhail ought to own sole copyright on this
>
> How about assigning the copyright of the various specifications to
> freedesktop ? Wouldn't that be more logical, and in alignment with
> the goals of freedesktop ? The individual authors would of course
> still be cited.

Is there a legal entity behind freedesktop.org to assign copyright
to, though?

In any case, you're essentially agreeing with me, I think - it *is*
Mikhail's copyright, and he has simply failed to assert it. (Of
course, I'm largely assuming that Russia's copyright law in this
respect is analogous to the Berne convention etc.)

> Just a suggestion, but maybe there need to be a policy for
> freedesktop on this kind of thing.

There does need to be a policy, which also needs to include an IPR
policy and all the rest of the legal mumbo-jumbo that we're stuck
with.

Sorta RFC3667 and RFC3668 for fd.o, really.

Dave.