[slightly OT] projects suited for freedesktop.org ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Feb 2 21:28:43 EET 2004

Hi,

in the KDE camp we have currently some projects going which deal with
improving the integration of non-KDE apps with the KDE desktop.

These are e.g. the qt-gtk-theme, which enables gtk applications to use the
same style as Qt applications. The same could be done the other way round,
developing a Qt style which can use gtk styles. Since this would probably
benefit from cooperation between the developers, we consider it a good idea
to have a common place where this stuff can be hosted.
Additionally there is the qt-gtk library, with which Qt/KDE dialogs can be
used in gtk-applications. Also there is the fuse kio bridge, which enables
all linux-applications to use the kde ioslaves.

Are these projects suited to fd.o, i.e. would you mind to host them ?

Bye
Alex