XDG standard: Is Math a Science?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Feb 11 23:27:10 EET 2004

George wrote:
> I gave my opinion and gave facts to support it
>
>>>Please.  Before you go any further.  FIND SOME EVIDENCE.  MAKE AN ACTUAL
>>>ARGUMENT.  DON'T JUST SAY 'this is common usage'.
>>
>>I searched on Google and found considerable evedence that *a* common usage
>>was to consider Math & Science to be seperate fields.
>

> You are completely on crack and don't even read my replies.  So I'll shut up,
> you're a lost case.

Since you deleted the most important part of my previous e-mail, I have to
conclude that you just don't get it.  This is not about whether you think
that Mathematics is a Science.  It is about the best placement of the
terms: "Math" & "Science" in a menu structure.  You have said nothing about
this -- the actual issue.

--
JRT