Science category keyword

Derek Foreman manmower at signalmarketing.com
Thu Feb 12 08:18:18 EET 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> Derek Foreman wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Can you try to keep your posts in the same thread, and not change the
> > subject line so frequently?
>
> I did not just change the subject line, I deliberately started a new thread.

You deliberately started a new thread quoting a huge chunk of the old
thread?  That's curious behaviour.

> > It's getting progressively harder to ignore.
>
> Then perhaps you should not ignore the actual issue.  But, please *do*
> ignore Georg's irrelevant arguments which appear to be based on "the
> territorial imperative" rather than a rational discussion of the best
> design decision.

Sorry, I think I was too terse.

This list covers a lot of different topics.  This particular issue doesn't
effect me no matter how it's resolved.

It seems a lot more polite to keep conversations properly threaded so
people can dismiss what they've already classified as unimportant (to
them) a little more quickly.

It also helps when looking through the archives to be able to see the
whole message a chunk of text was quoted from, instead of having to hunt
for it.