Shared documentation system

Murphy rubus at telus.net
Tue Jan 6 13:37:49 EET 2004

Hey'

On 05 Jan 2004 18:32:24 -0600 Shaun McCance wrote:

> Oh, absolutely.  This is essential.  Once we have a simple means of
> addressing documentation hammered out, we can easily add a key to the
> applications' desktop files to give a listing of keys of all relevant
> documentation.

I'm a bit worried (perhaps mistakenly) about the desktop entry files
getting too large and slowing down menu parsing, etc.  Would it be better
in that case, to simply have a key that points from the .desktop to a
single .document file and then the .document can grow at it's own pace?

What sort of keys were you thinking of for the .document entry file?

[Document Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=
ManPage=
Info=
Html=
DocBook=
DocBook[pt_BR]=

That sort of thing would save on putting in the mime type, since it would
already be associated with the key, or were you thinking more like:

UserGuide:

And dealing with the mime type?

--
Murphy