[Fwd: "Miscellaneous" category needed in the KMenu]

Guido Draheim guidod-2003- at gmx.de
Sat Jan 31 16:59:14 EET 2004

While being at it, some folders can be very long when being populated
with references to small helper applications just by their topic. It
was not a problem with only a limited number of programs to add a
desktop entry but we see more and more gui frontends to pop up that
interface to their underlying "do one thing and do it well" binary.

Sometimes I'd wish there is a `special` subcategory on every folder
that I can move small test and devel apps to, and where to distribute
the fifty helper applications used for local project work. It is
often easier to just build and use a gui than flipping thru manpages.
Think of `eject cd`, `reset printer`, `reinit usb subsystem`, etc.

Of course one could use a local webpage with the executions bound
to it. But such things really should live on the menu system. Oh,
btw, wasn't some menu system out there a hybrid of html and list
definitions?

cheers, guido

-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ s+:a d(+-) r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)