Proposal for a MIME mapping spec

Jonathan Blandford jrb at redhat.com
Thu Jul 8 21:00:09 EEST 2004

Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> writes:

> Around 17 o'clock on Jul 7, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
>
> > Applications that can handle multiple MIME Types would list all of the
> > ones it can handle in a ';' separated list.  It is expected that for
> > some applications this list could get longish.
>
> What convention will mitigate this effect?  Backslash at the end of line?
> Or whitespace on the subsequent lines?

I don't think we can practically make this change.  Introducing
multi-line keys will probably break a lot of existing desktop file
parsers, and there are a large number of these already.  It would be a
nice thing to have, but it ultimately seems unfeasible -- especially as
its not required to work.

Thanks,
-Jonathan