Proposal: cache directory tagging convention

Anthony Metcalf anthony.metcalf at anferny.ath.cx
Thu Jul 22 10:56:46 EEST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:45:42 +0200
Martin Waitz <tali at admingilde.org> wrote:

> it's even simpler than that: don't use /var/cache!
> use a directory in your home directory and everything just works.

My point was, /var/cache is there to use for this, and it solves the original posters question of how to seperate cache data in the case of backups, you only have 1 directory to exclude, not many directories, some of which may not exist in a home tree.

I am willing to accept a good explination of why /var/cache wont work.
But not, it's simpler to use home.