pkgconfig patch: overhaul pkg.m4

Michael Meeks michael at ximian.com
Thu Jun 3 18:03:57 EEST 2004

Hi Scott,

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 19:06 +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> Havoc asked me to post patches to pkgconfig here for a week's discussion
> before applying them, so here goes...

	Wow - are you hacking on this ?

	So - perhaps pkgconfig does this already; but having been bitten really
hard by autoconf and conditional checks for things; I now tend to do:

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(foo-2.0, foo=true, foo=false)
if (!win32 && !foo) error_out

	Which works fine; unfortunately in the win32 case where we expect the
test to fail, AFAIR we also get this huge blurb about missing stuff
which confuses the reader.

	Any chance of splitting that (useful as a default) warning blurb from
the guts of checking of the package itself ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.

--
 michael at ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot