THE LINUX REMOVABLE DEVICE PETITION

Vuples Velox VVfdol1 at HotPOP.com
Thu Jun 24 03:12:37 EEST 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:43:59 +0200
nf <nf2 at scheinwelt.at> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have created a website to point out the main issues with removable
> devices and unmounting - a place to collect information and to
> discuss possible solutions.
>
> http://www.scheinwelt.at/~norbertf/petition/
>
> Please help me improving it, add comments and links, discuss it...
>
> Maybe this could be hosted on fd.org.

A.2 is easy to fix... install wmmount and Xdialog... creat a little
script for unmount... this script will need to dump the output of
unmount to a variable... then use grep and a if statement to compare
them to the statement that says it is in use... and pops up a Xdialog
yes/no box asking if it can umount -f it...

not sure about your complaint about umount -f not working becuase I am
not a linux user...