Keyboard Selection and the Copy/Paste Buffer

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Thu Jun 24 07:31:28 EEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 15:50, Jamethiel Knorth wrote:

> For examples of where this is currently being done differently:
>
> OpenOffice: treats mouse and keyboard selections the same.
> Mozilla: treats mouse and keyboard selections the same.
> Qt Widgets: ignore keyboard selections.
> GTK Widgets: fail on both keyboard and mouse selections.

Fail how? To my knowledge GTK+ corresponds 100% to the explanation as
currently posted. (Which makes no difference between mouse and
keyboard selection.)

Now, we could argue whether the spec is the right user behavior,
and in fact you can find a lot of discussion of that in the
archives of the list...

Regards,
					Owen