Little hal patches

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Wed Mar 3 07:21:24 EET 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 06:13, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 07:37:40PM +0100, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 15:27, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> > >   hal-udevinfo.patch:
> > >     * Instead of using udev, udevinfo should be used.
> > >     * Created a little function in linux_common to find the location of
> > >       the udevinfo binary. Maybe a configure option would be better, but
> > >       this was easier.
> >
> > Applied, although I believe udevinfo is always installed into /sbin.
>
> The debian packages install it in /usr/sbin, that was the main reason i
> did this patch.

.. and the latest udev tarball (021) installs udevinfo in /usr/bin
(moving it out of /sbin), so that should be added to the list of
candidate paths to search as well.

Since it is something that users may well wish to run, /usr/bin seems
like a good spot, so I would not expect too much more churn on this
front.

Malcolm