[utf-8] Re: Bidi standart

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Wed Mar 10 11:39:40 EET 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 dov at imagic.weizmann.ac.il wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 04:11:42AM -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>
> No, I'm not native BiDi. It was only acquired around the age 20.
> ;-) And most of my writing in Hebrew on a computer in my life has
> probably been to debug various Hebrew editors that I wrote...

As they say:  You hear new things every day ;).

> > I remember there was a document called "Guidelines of a Logincal
> > User Interface for Editing Bidirection Text", by Mati Allouche
> > and edited by Dov Grobgeld back in 2002.
>
> No, I didn't edit it. I just liked it so much so that I made it
> available on my website for a while until it dissappeared
> in my big crash about half a year ago. I'd be happy to receive
> another copy.

I've got a copy that says "Changed by: Dov Grobgeld,
29-Sep-2002".  I just put it here:

http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~behdad/logicUI24.htm

Don't know about the status, but better we contact the author to
see what was the fate of the poor spec.  BTW, as you may have
guessed, I have it around because it's still in my "to see"
folder :(.

> Regarding Qt, I think they may be willing to accept changes once
> we finalize what behaviour we really expect.

Sure.

> Regards,
> Dov

--behdad