Associating a mime-type with an icon

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Mar 14 21:28:05 EET 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 02:45:08PM +0100, Benjamin Dauvergne wrote:
> Le jeu 26/02/2004 à 11:48, Thomas Leonard a écrit :
> > On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:44:03AM +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > > I think the mime type spec hints about a way to do this mapping, but i
>                           ^^^^^^^^^^
> > ROX is using the new mapping. There are some icon themes using it here:
> >
> > 	http://rox.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/ThemeGallery
> I looked at the Rox's themes and i understood that the new mapping is
> mime-media:subtype but i looked at the specs (mime and icon theme) and
> it is not reflected there, even in their cvs HEAD version. Maybe the
> spec should be updated.

It's not in the MIME spec, as it's a use for it rather than part of the
spec itself. It is explained at the bottom of the main page, though.

Ideally, it should go in the Icon theme spec, which already mentions MIME
icons (for the future, but it also gives some examples using a naming
scheme that noone is actually using and which we decided against).

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk	tal197 at users.sourceforge.net