Permissions on key directories/files.

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 04:18:37 EET 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 07:53:27PM -0500, Jim Gettys wrote:
> Either way, we need a standard on how to discover what needs
> to be set to what mode that can be shared across different
> invocation methods ((e.g. startx, {g,k,x}dm) or if we use
> a suid helper application at run time.

For login time stuff pam has the needed framework for the general case
(Posix like file systems) - there is no suid on some others and SELinux
makes it more fun. Right now pam handles console login permissions for
stuff like audio on login, but doesn't really look at X stuff.

For startx its harder because X may not be suid I guess ?