[Fwd: Camwire - generic camera API]

Johann Schoonees j.schoonees at irl.cri.nz
Thu Mar 25 06:05:39 EET 2004

Dear FreeDesktop

Nanoseconds after posting the announcement of Camwire's release
(below), Behdad Esfahbod fired back:

 > Seems like your project has a lot of things in common with the
 > HAL project:
 >
 > http://pdx.freedesktop.org/Software/hal
 >
 > Many people would appreciate it if you join their mailing list
 > and send your announcement there too.

I therefore post it here too in the hope that it is appropriate and
interesting to someone.

I did not know about HAL before.  I have now subscribed to the list
and read some of the archive.  I admit that not much of it means
anything to me because I am not a desktop expert.

Regards,
Johann