Privacy

Anthony Metcalf anthony.metcalf at anferny.ath.cx
Thu Mar 25 17:06:27 EET 2004

> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 17:11 +0000, Andrew Sobala wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 10:26 -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Jody, sorry, I'll try to recap succinctly:
> > >
> > > -- User is running gnome or kde desktop at home, and shares the
> > >    desktop with the rest of the family.
> > > -- User wants to password-protect thier gnucash data sets (and/or
> > >    thier word docs and or thier pornography/or whatever) so that
> > >    the rest of the family (or at least the kids) don't get access.
> >

> > So what we *really* want in a star-trek solution is a good
> > implementation of fast user switching, like mac os x (and windows?),
> > and there won't be any problems in having everybody protect their

Off topic but as far as I can see there is no user switching in star
trek. Every command is run "as user" with the user calculated from the
voice pattern. The closet we would get to that is a fingerprint scanner
on the mouse and keyboard (unless someone wants to go the whole hog and
implement voice regognition on a system wide scale?). That way we could
get a verified id of the person running the command.