shared-mime-info question

David Faure dfaure at trolltech.com
Wed May 12 11:04:21 EEST 2004

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 12:24, Thomas Leonard wrote:
> After that, it's longest pattern first, so "makefile*.html" would override
> "makefile*".

Thanks.

Something else for shared-mime-info:

Can you (or can I) add a new mimetype application/x-executable-script
(if possible with  sub-class-of="text/plain", but this is in fact missing in many
places)

and add sub-class-of="application/x-executable-script" to
application/x-ruby
application/x-python
application/x-perl
application/x-javascript
application/x-shellscript

This allows the code that checks if something should be run to simply check
for "application/x-executable-script" instead of hardcoding a list of executable
mimetypes, which makes it possible to configure more "executable scripts"
at runtime.

(BTW: I used to have access to the cvs but everything's moved since - what's the
cvsroot for ssh access?)