Keyboard shortcuts summary

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandrakesoft.com
Wed May 19 18:10:14 EEST 2004

Hi,

As some of you probably have noticed, one of the problems advanced users
often encounter when using different applications is the lack of
consistency between shortcuts.

This problem is usually not visible when using applications by for your
desktop (ie KDE applications when using KDE or GNOME applications when
using GNOME) but it becomes highly visible when you switch environment
or when you run one application in "hostile" (ie not its natural)
environment.

To try to resolve this problem, I've tried to grab the most often used
keyboard shorcuts in GNOME, KDE, Mozilla and OpenOffice.

The result are available at :
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~fcrozat/shortcuts/shortcuts2.gnumeric

I'd like to put this table on freedesktop.org (maybe, on
http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/default-keys-spec)

This way, we could start a discussion with developers of the different
projects on how to improve the current situation.

PS : I'll be offline for two weeks starting tomorrow, but don't hesitate
to mail xdg mailing-list or me directly..
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandrakesoft.com>
Mandrakesoft