Writing Shared Libraries, first draft

Hongli Lai h.lai at chello.nl
Thu Nov 4 23:34:17 EET 2004

Colin Walters wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 20:34 +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
>

>>I thought I'd try writing an equivalent for library developers. This
>>document gathers together generally accepted best practices and sticks
>>them all in one document complete with examples. Here it is:
>

> There is also this:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/drepper/dsohowto.pdf

That document is aimed at the low-level technical aspects of shared
library, and is not directly meant for your average library writer.
Mike's guide on the other hand *is* meant for the average library
writer. It teaches you what you can do to avoid binary compatibility
breakage and how to keep everything sane.