Standardizing icon names: flags

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Wed Nov 10 21:01:26 EET 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 7:08 pm, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> There is no ISO 639 letter code for Taiwan, as far as I know. Including
> a letter code for Taiwan will result in some angry people. Failing to
> include one will result in a different set of angry people. Both these
> sets of angry people will be larger than the number of people that
> failing to include flags will make angry.

ISO is good enough for C and C++ and a lot of other things, so it should be
good enough for other standards of ours as well. We're making desktop
standards here, we're not trying to make people less angry about politics.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had
cap at capsi.com | better learn baseball" -- Jacques Barzun