Common main loop: Qt ported to glib main loop (experimental)

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Nov 25 22:27:57 EET 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> I never said the license didnt allow it. But just
> because you have the freedom to do it doesnt mean its
> advisable to do so or even necessary.

Maybe one can start by patching Qt to add something like
--enable-glib at configure time.

> It would be much better to get Trolltech involved with
> any effort to change the toolkit in any drastic way
> rather than forking it.

Definitely.  But remember how they changed their license to GPL
when people started the GNOME and Harmony projects?  They need
some force to give credit to the community.  If every
distribution starts applying some set of patches to their Qt,
Trolltech will consider applying the patches...

> regards
> Rahul Sundaram

--behdad
  behdad.org