deleting thumbnails

Olivier lists at olivier.pk.wau.nl
Sun Oct 10 22:37:06 EEST 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 01:21:56AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> lists at olivier.pk.wau.nl (Olivier) writes:
>
> > for outdated or corrupt thumbnails: delete it
> > if the user requests it (for example, there is no thumbnail of
> > that size yet), the old thumbnail should stay I think.
>
> The problem is how to decide why the thumbnail has been
> recreated. GIMP doesn't know why the user forced it.

I've added this to the spec:

-------------------
<title>Re-creating a thumbnail</title>

<para>
If a program re-creates a thumbnail because the existing thumbnail does
not have the correct size, it should keep the original thumbnail, and
add the new thumbnail to the correct directory for its configured size.
</para>

<para>
If the user requests the thumbnail to be re-created, there is no way for
the program to find out why it has to re-create it. The program should,
therefore, delete all sizes of thumbnails for that image, and create
only the thumbnail for its configured size.
</para>