fd.o HIG

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Thu Oct 21 22:06:53 EEST 2004

Hi

> I've said it before, and I'll say it again - this is
> a waste of time.
> The differences between KDE and GNOME are huge.
> What about other
> desktop environments, like ROX?  GNUStep?  Are you
> going to include the
> Aqua HIG and Windows Style Guidelines as well?

No. I am not going to include rox or gnustep. we arent
targetting stuff for windows or mac users here.

The focus is primarily on kde and gnome. However this
doesnt mean others dont count If interested you could
point out whether they have any documented set of
guidelines.I believe we could create a basic set of
guidelines thats applicable to everyone though. How
could that would be depends on an interest to have a
consistent interface across different toolkits.

If you are happy with the current situation you may
continue to believe its a waste of time.

regards
Rahul Sundaram