button ordering (was Re: fd.o HIG)

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Mon Oct 25 21:25:56 EEST 2004

On Thursday 21 October 2004 20:29, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> I've said it before, and I'll say it again - this is a waste of time.

Heh, I just checked back in this folder after a few days and didn't notice
that the responce to my post snowballed so much.

Uhm, actually I wasn't talking about trying to come up with a unified
usability thinger.  I was talking about one very specific issue that I think
it is reasonable to address -- button ordering.

That won't solve all of the world's problems or anything, but that's possibly
at the same time the most awkward and simple difference between the two major
desktops.

I'll play around with this in KDE to see how it works out by patching
KDialogBase to check to see if it's in a GNOME session or not.  Is someone
willing to do the same in GNOME?

-Scott