Home directories.

Egbert van der Wal eggie at pointpro.nl
Mon Oct 25 22:20:23 EEST 2004

I think it would be a good idea to put all config-files in a separate
directory in the homefolder instead of just in the homefolder. ~/.etc
would make more sense than ~/.config because it's normal *nix practice
to use /etc for that kind of things. It always bothers me how full my
home directory is with all sorts of configs, even though they are
somewhat hidden by the dot at the start of the file/directorynames. A
bit catagorisation wouldn't be bad either, even if it was just a
separation between games(~/.etc/games/), apps(~/.etc/applications/) and
utilities(~/.etc/utilities/). It sure would clear things up a lot for me!