KWIG Qt->Gtk porting layer and merging main loops.

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 29 04:55:53 EEST 2004

Hi

> 1) Write a completely new independent VFS library.
> Reinventing the
> wheel...

Not necessarily. It can based on something else.

> 2) Use KIO: That would require everyone to link to a
> huge graphical
> toolkit library. Even when using the VFS from the
> command line...

Why not create kio as a spec and implement the same
thing in gnome?

> 3) Use Gnome-VFS or at least reuse its code. This
> means you have to live
> with glib.

glib isnt really welcome in kde land. Its upto to the
developers to decide on this. the choices are pretty
much clear. Without sound knowledge of code what would
be the best solution is something I cant comment about

regards
Rahul Sundaram