$topdir/.Trash and security

David Faure dfaure at trolltech.com
Wed Sep 8 15:26:48 EEST 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 09:29, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
>
> > David (who just implemented the new .trashinfo format, and the
> > $XDG_DATA_HOME/Trash location).
>
> Oops. You're ahead of me; the 0.3 spec is going to be out in some hours
> only.

No problem - early implementation helps ensuring that the spec makes sense,
and I can still change things if needed (I hope the home trash location and
trashinfo format are final though :) ).

> Question: what's the current idea on timezones in the .trashinfo file?
> No timezones and each user uses his local time, and somehow tracks
> changes if he travels?

I think we agreed on YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss without explicit timezone,
i.e. local timezone assumed, just like stat's mtime etc.